Want to add an extra something special to your Everyday Scarf or your Stripey Baby Blanket? Follow our simple steps below to make super easy tassels, no special tools required. And it's a great way to use up extra yarn that you have on hand. I've used the same colour as my scarf here (Charcoal) but feel free to experiment with a contrasting colour, or even with different coloured strands together.
What you will need:
- Extra yarn in the colour of your choice
- A pair of scissors
1. Pre-cut 4 strands of about 30 cm each.
2. Put the strands together, fold them in half and twist the end where the loop is.
3. Find a hole between stitches where you want the tassel to hang from and insert your strands, loop side first.
I would recommend to predefine the location of each of your tassels before you start making them, to make sure they are equal distance from each other.
4. Make the ends go through the loop and tighten.
5. Cut the ends of your tassel to your desired length.
Repeat steps 1 to 5 for each of your tassels.